Scandinavian Surgical Outcomes Research Group (SSORG) started in 2008 as a network of colorectal surgeons with academic interest from six Swedish and four Danish hospitals. The aim of the group is to scientifically evaluate surgical treatments and perform clinical research with an emphasis on large multicenter trials. We evaluate the safety and efficacy of treatments and with all the participating hospitals as a base for recruitment of patients we aim at a fast inclusion rate. Most of our trials include health related QoL as well as health economic end-points.We are currently working on the following projects;
- Diverticulitis – laparoscopic lavage vs resection (Hartman procedure) for acute diverticulitis with peritonitis (DILALA)
- Robotic surgery for prostate cancer, laparoscopic prostatectomy robot or open (LAPPRO)
- Early versus late reversal of loop ileostomy after rectal resection for cancer.
- Quality of life in rectal cancer patients.
- Effect of preoperative physical activity on outcome after colorectal surgery.
- Clinical results, health and wellbeing in patients after abdomineperineal resection for rectal cancer.
- Adhesion formation: laparoscopic versus open total colectomy.
- Oncological and functional result of abdomino perineal extralevator resection for disatl rectal cancer.
- Recommendations to prevent ventral hernia after colorectal resection.
- Prevention of stoma hernia.
Proposals for other projects would be appreciated by the group.
On behalf of the group
Professor Eva Haglind, Göteborg
Professor Jacob Rosenberg, Herlev